Having run the last two manual User Acceptance Test processes for Mautic 3, it was clear that relying on users to manually test every aspect of Mautic was both error prone and time consuming.
While we did surface some critical bugs, it took almost a full weekend to write up all the tests that needed to be done, and then another weekend (at least!) to run through the testing for Mautic 3 alpha.
We need to find a better solution to ensure that we're doing robust testing when we are shipping new releases of Mautic. I'd heard Codeception and acceptance tests mumbled about and seen it in our documentation that we had acceptance tests, so I started digging!